Updated February 2022
This writing outlines the intended legal relationship between Nicholette von Reiche, LLC (the “COMPANY”, “we”, “us”, or “our”) and you (the “CLIENT”). The writing (the “AGREEMENT”) is intended to govern and control your purchase of The Canva Template Shop All Access Pass (the “PROGRAM”) from the COMPANY.
The COMPANY and the CLIENT are the intended parties (the “PARTIES”) to this AGREEMENT.
DEFINITIONS AND INTERPRETATION
Capitalized words not defined in the body of this agreement shall have the following meanings for purposes of this agreement:
- Shop - the CLIENT’S personal URL (website) where the CLIENT sells graphic designs to the general public.
- All-access-pass - CLIENT’S personal URL (website) where the CLIENT sells graphic designs and support to the general public. May also be referred to as PROGRAM.
- Third-party sites - where the CLIENT has an account used for the purposes of providing CLIENT’S graphic designs for sale to the general public, and or persons with accounts with the third party site.
- Affiliate - any present or future entity controlling, controlled by, or under common control with, a Party
- Credentials - means a unique username and password
- All-access-term term - the length of the membership
ACCEPTING THESE TERMS
As the CLIENT, you are entering into a legally binding agreement with the COMPANY, a Limited Liability Company registered in Colorado according to the following terms and conditions, when you do any of the following:
- Click “I Agree”
- Email your statement of the agreement
- Enter your credit card information
- Sign this agreement on this page, or reverse
- Enroll electronically in the PROGRAM
- Enroll verbally, or otherwise, in the PROGRAM
With this acceptance, the PARTIES agree that any individual, associate, and or assign are bound by the terms of this AGREEMENT. A facsimile, electronic, or e-mailed executed copy of acceptance of this AGREEMENT is legally binding with either a written or electronic signature and has the same result as an originally signed copy.
This AGREEMENT is executed and valid, when CLIENT accepts these terms (electronically, verbally, written, and or otherwise).
The terms of this AGREEMENT are binding on any additional goods and or services supplied by COMPANY to CLIENT.
PARTIES agree that the PROGRAM is in the nature of education and teaching included but not limited to:
- Teaching CLIENT how to create and design CLIENT’S own graphic templates to share to the public
- Learning how to create graphics and templates
- Access to the COMPANY’S systems or processes involved in creating CLIENT’S templates and design resources
The scope of services provided by COMPANY according to this AGREEMENT are limited to those listed on COMPANY’s website, or as part of the PROGRAM. COMPANY reserves the right to substitute services equal to or comparable to the PROGRAM for the CLIENT if the need arises, without prior notice.
The term “Confidential Information” means INFORMATION WHICH IS NOT GENERALLY KNOWN TO THE PUBLIC RELATING TO THE CLIENT’S BUSINESS OR PERSONAL AFFAIRS.
COMPANY agrees not to disclose, reveal, or make use of any Confidential Information learned of through its transactions with CLIENT during discussions and interactions with CLIENT, or otherwise, without the written consent of CLIENT.
COMPANY shall keep the Confidential Information of the CLIENT in strictest confidence and shall use its best efforts to safeguard the CLIENT’s Confidential Information and to protect it against disclosure, misuse, espionage, loss, and theft.
NO TRANSFER OF INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
COMPANY’s copyrighted and original materials are provided to the CLIENT for his or her INDIVIDUAL USE ONLY and under a limited single-user license.
As part of the access to the intellectual property, educational, and teaching materials that are part of the CLIENT’S access to the PROGRAM, CLIENT agrees and understands that:
- CLIENT shall not copy and paste the COMPANY’S provided templates and then provide for sale to the general public.
- CLIENT shall use the access to the COMPANY’S provided templates as a foundation to create and develop CLIENT’S own graphic designs that it then shares to promote CLIENT’S products, business and services
- CLIENT understands that the ALL-ACCESS-PASS includes a standard license only that client and their team (in CLIENT’S Canva account) can use to create unlimited end products for personal use.
- If CLIENT wishes to use the templates for multiple clients, or to create multiple end products for sale, CLIENT can purchase the extended license in The Canva Template Shop. If the product is not available in the shop, or if CLIENT is not sure which license they need, CLIENT can reach out to COMPANY.
- CLIENT is not authorized to use any of COMPANY’s intellectual property, trademarks and or copyrights, for any purpose.
- CLIENT is not authorized to share, copy, distribute, or otherwise disseminate any materials received from COMPANY electronically, or otherwise without the prior written consent of the COMPANY.
ALL INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, INCLUDING COMPANY’S COPYRIGHTED SHOP OR ALL ACCESS PASS MATERIALS, SHALL REMAIN THE SOLE PROPERTY OF THE COMPANY. NO LICENSE TO SELL OR DISTRIBUTE COMPANY’S MATERIALS IS GRANTED OR IMPLIED.
The intent of the Canva Shop All-Access-Pass is to benefit its members by providing templates, information, training, tools, materials and support to improve their marketing and business.
Any misuse or abuse of this program will constitute a breach of this AGREEMENT and will include immediate termination of services, cease and desist and an impartial assessment of damages which will be leveraged in full litigation. COMPANY also reserves the right to publish the name and details of any such action as we see fit.
Potential program misuse includes:
- CLIENT abuses the community to try and sell services and products to them.
- CLIENT uses templates and resources, and uses it for client work without a commercial license or tries to resell templates and resources (even if tweaked slightly)
To the extent that CLIENT interacts with COMPANY staff and or other clients, CLIENT agrees to behave professionally, courteously, and respectfully with staff and clients at all times.
CLIENT agrees that failing to follow course rules is cause for termination of this AGREEMENT. In the event of such a termination, CLIENT is not entitled to recoup any amounts paid and remains responsible for all outstanding amounts of the Fee.
In the event that a dispute arises between the PARTIES or a grievance by CLIENT, the PARTIES agree that all claims and disputes arising under or relating to this Agreement are to be settled by binding arbitration in the state of Colorado or another location mutually agreeable to the parties.
The arbitration shall be conducted on a confidential basis pursuant to the Commercial Arbitration Rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any decision or award as a result of any such arbitration proceeding shall be in writing and shall provide an explanation for all conclusions of law and fact and shall include the assessment of costs, expenses, and reasonable attorneys' fees. Any such arbitration shall be conducted by an arbitrator experienced in digital memberships and digital shops and shall include a written record of the arbitration hearing. The parties reserve the right to object to any individual who shall be employed by or affiliated with a competing organization or entity. An award of arbitration may be confirmed in a court of competent jurisdiction.
USE OF PROGRAM MATERIALS
- By accepting this AGREEMENT, CLIENT consents to recordings being made of the Program resources.
- COMPANY reserves the right to use, at its sole discretion, the following: Program materials, videos, audio recordings, and materials submitted by CLIENT (in the context of the MEMBERSHIP for future lecture, teaching, and marketing materials, and further other goods/services provided by COMPANY, without compensation to the CLIENT.
- CLIENT consents to its name, voice, and likeness being used by COMPANY for future lecture, teaching, and marketing materials, and further other goods/services provided by COMPANY, without compensation to the CLIENT.
NO RESALE OF SERVICES PERMITTED
CLIENT agrees not to reproduce, duplicate, copy, sell, trade, resell, or exploit for any commercial purpose, any portion of the PROGRAM including materials, use of the PROGRAM, or access to the PROGRAM. This AGREEMENT is not transferable or assignable without the COMPANY’s prior written consent.
- CLIENT shall not simply take the provided designs from the COMPANY and without any changes add them to the CLIENT’S shop and or third party site.
- CLIENT shall take the provided designs from the COMPANY and use them as a foundational starting point to create the CLIENT’S own original graphic designs and templates.
This AGREEMENT ends if any of the following occur:
- CLIENT’s account is in arrears and no action has been taken to correct the late payments; or
- Otherwise in default of this AGREEMENT, then full payment is immediately due and CLIENT is barred from using any of COMPANY’s services. COMPANY is allowed to immediately collect all Fees from CLIENT and stop providing further services to CLIENT.
CLIENT agrees to pay COMPANY the stated fee (the “FEE”) according to the payment terms:
- As outlined on COMPANY’s website,
- Provided through email,
- According to the Payment Schedule and the payment plan selected by CLIENT (the “FEE”), or
- As otherwise noted in this AGREEMENT.
Installment or payment plans: when CLIENT agrees to the purchase of COMPANY’S Program as part of an installment or payment plan and a payment fails, the COMPANY will make reasonable attempts to notify the buyer and have the payment issue addressed.
If the payment issue is not addressed, then the COMPANY has the right to cancel the CLIENT’S account.
Client will have access to the Program, templates, and concierge for as long as the Client is a member. A quarterly pass renews every quarter, a yearly renews every year and a lifetime pass, includes one payment only.
There will be no refunds, but CLIENT can cancel at any time by going into the client portal or emailing the Company. Client must cancel at least 3 days before the next billing cycle.
It is up to the CLIENT to make the most of the resources provided and to reach out to COMPANY with any issues that arise to use the PROGRAM as effectively as possible.
CHARGEBACKS & PAYMENT SECURITY
To the extent that CLIENT provides COMPANY with credit card(s) information for payment of FEE on CLIENT’s account, COMPANY is authorized to charge CLIENT’s credit card(s)for any unpaid charges on the dates agreed to.
CLIENT MUST CONTACT COMPANY FIRST BEFORE FILING A DISPUTE OR MAKING A CHARGEBACK ON THE CARD THAT CLIENT USED FOR PAYMENT WITH CLIENT.
When you, the CLIENT, file a dispute or a chargeback, there are significant fees involved. The COMPANY agrees to work with you to correct any fees you feel are incorrect.
If you bypass the COMPANY and file a dispute or a chargeback, the COMPANY WILL INVOICE YOU FOR THOSE FEES.
In the event of any conflict between the provisions contained in this AGREEMENT, any marketing materials used by COMPANY, COMPANY’s representatives, or employees, the provisions in this AGREEMENT control.
This AGREEMENT is the entire AGREEMENT between the PARTIES relating to the subject matter and supersedes all prior and contemporaneous agreements, negotiations and understandings, oral or written. Modification to this AGREEMENT is by writing signed by both PARTIES.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
By using COMPANY’s services and enrolling in the PROGRAM, CLIENT releases COMPANY, its officers, employees, directors, and related entities from any and all damages that may result from his or participation in the PROGRAM. The PROGRAM provides education and teaching.
CLIENT accepts any and all risks, foreseeable or non-foreseeable arising from the PROGRAM.
Regardless of the previous paragraph, if COMPANY is found to be liable, COMPANY’s liability to CLIENT or to any third party is limited to the lessor of:
The total amount of money CLIENT paid to COMPANY.
All claims against the COMPANY must be filed with the entity having jurisdiction within 90 calendar days of the date of the first claim or otherwise be forfeited forever. CLIENT agrees that COMPANY will not be held liable for any damages of any kind resulting or arising from, including but not limited to; direct, indirect, incidental, special, negligent, consequential, or exemplary damages happening from the use or misuse of COMPANY’s services or enrollment in the PROGRAM.
CLIENT agrees that use of COMPANY’s services is at CLIENT’s own risk.
COMPANY recognizes and agrees that all of the COMPANY’s shareholders, trustees, affiliates, and successors shall not be held personally responsible or liable for any actions, or representations of the COMPANY.
CLIENT shall defend, indemnify (insure and protect), and hold harmless the COMPANY, COMPANY’s shareholders, trustees, affiliates, and successors from and against all liabilities and expenses that they may incur or be obligated to pay because of their relationship with the PROGRAM.
These include (without limitation): claims, damages, judgments, awards, settlements, investigations, legal actions, regulatory actions, costs, attorneys fees, disbursements, or the like that occur from or are related to this AGREEMENT.
Any expenses or liabilities that result from a breach of this AGREEMENT, sole negligence, or willful misconduct by the COMPANY, COMPANY’s shareholders, Trustees, Affiliates, or Successors are excluded from indemnification.
DISCLAIMER OF GUARANTEE
CLIENT ACCEPTS AND AGREES THAT HE OR SHE IS 100% RESPONSIBLE FOR HIS OR HER PROGRESS AND RESULTS FROM THE PROGRAM. CLIENT ACCEPTS AND AGREES THAT HE OR SHE IS THE ONE VITAL ELEMENT TO THE PROGRAM’S SUCCESS AND THAT COMPANY CANNOT CONTROL CLIENT.
COMPANY makes no representations or guarantees verbally or in writing regarding the performance of this AGREEMENT other than those specifically stated. COMPANY and its affiliates disclaim the implied warranties of titles, merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose. COMPANY makes no guarantee or warranty that the PROGRAM will meet CLIENT’s requirements or that all CLIENTs will achieve the same results.
CHOICE OF LAW/VENUE
This AGREEMENT is governed and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of Colorado without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law.
The PARTIES agree to submit any dispute or controversy arising out of, or relating to this AGREEMENT to arbitration in the State of Denver, CO according to the rules of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitration is binding upon the PARTIES and their successors in interest. The prevailing party may collect all reasonable legal fees from the non-prevailing party in order to enforce the provisions of this AGREEMENT.
The ownership, non-circumvention, non-disparagement, proprietary rights, and confidentiality provisions, and any provisions relating to payment of Fees owed set forth in this AGREEMENT, and any other provisions that by their sense and context the PARTIES intend to have survive shall survive the termination of this AGREEMENT for any reason.
If any of the parts or provisions contained in this AGREEMENT are interpreted as invalid or unenforceable only that part or provision is affected. The invalidity or unenforceability does not affect the other parts or provisions of the AGREEMENT.
When you join the program voluntarily or are added as part of a purchase of COMPANY’s products or services, you are providing your explicit consent to these rules.
The nature of this program includes but is not limited to:
- Provide a community for support;
- Receive feedback on questions;
- Connect with other Canva Template Shop members
Anything you post, comment, or share within the program is in the public domain and is not protected in any way. The COMPANY reserves the right to remove any and all posts and or discussions that it feels are out of alignment with the stated nature and or purpose of the group. The COMPANY is not required to inform any GROUP MEMBER as to its reason(s) for removal.
PLEASE DO NOT POST CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION WITHIN THE PROGRAM. THE COMPANY IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION THAT YOU POST VOLUNTARILY WITHIN THE GROUP.
PROMOTIONS WITHIN THE GROUP
A “PROMOTION” is defined as:
- Furthering the progress of something (especially a business, good, service), or trying to engage support or actively encourage others to opt-in or purchase a good or service.
- Selling (for compensation) any good and or service
- Advertising (providing a URL) for free or compensation any good or service.
- Advertising or mentioning a webinar or live event
- Asking for feedback regarding a good, service, webinar, Periscope® with the intention and focus of advertising and promoting your good or service.
- Posting the URL to sites that you have ownership and or management of, when done with the intention of “promoting”
- Posting any social media handles or links to gain attention, likes, engagement, when in the intention of promoting yourself and your business.
- Posting audio or visuals with links to URLs that you have an ownership or personal interest in.
- Posting links to your personal or business blogs to engage others.
- Private messaging program members with links and or information about your businesses that they did not request.
- LIST ANYTHING ELSE THAT FALLS UNDER THE DEFINITION OF A PROMOTION FOR YOUR GROUP.
WHAT YOU CAN PROMOTE FREELY
- Sharing URLs when you are providing value to someone else’s sites in response to a post.
- When responding thoughtfully to another member’s post with a link to a URL that you have ownership and or management interest in.
- When the admin(s) create a post that is allowing you to promote.
AFFILIATE LINKS WITHIN THE PROGRAM
CLIENT shall not post any kind of an affiliate link inside the GROUP.
Abuse of this policy or any others included in these terms are grounds for removal from this group by the COMPANY Admin, without notice to you.
Any information shared within this GROUP may not be shared outside this GROUP without permission from the original member that posted the information.
Ideas (intellectual property) are shared within this group, and you may not share ideas that are not yours.
You are free to share resources and or links to other helpful information that is already published and has a URL associated with it.
“Intellectual property is the oil of the twenty-first century.” Mark Getty, Getty Images.
Please exercise restraint when sharing your ideas, business plans, names, logos, taglines, course ideas, etc. within this program. The COMPANY assumes no responsibility or liability for any intellectual property that you share voluntarily within this group for feedback.
Your intellectual property is valuable and this GROUP is an environment for sharing information, but what you share regarding your valuable intellectual property is done at your own risk.
All templates include a standard license that you or your team can use to create unlimited end products for personal use in your Canva account.
To use the templates for multiple clients, or to create multiple end products for sale, you can purchase the extended license in the Canva Template Shop. If the product is not available in the shop, if you wish to purchase a commercial license for the All-access-pass subscription or if you’re not sure which license you need, you can reach to us at [email protected]
COMMENTING & FEEDBACK
This GROUP is a place to engage with other like-minded individuals and receive and give value to others. Positive constructive feedback is valuable and encouraged.
You may contact the COMPANY by emailing [email protected]